Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fun - Nov 3rd

I, God, am your playmate! I will lead the child in you in wonderful ways for I have chosen you.


Our relationship with our Higher Power is not all solemnness. Facing the pains and guilts and grief's of our codependent relationships and our addictions might lead us to think recovery is only serious business. Not so!

This program liberates us from the heaviness by facing it. We are not meant to stay stuck there. Recovery teaches us to enjoy life. Our Creator has concocted a world of many pleasures and delights to play in. As we progress in our recovery we learn to let our hair down and play. Some of us have become more able to enjoy good-natured roughhousing with our children. Maybe we have become more free to joke and banter with friends. Our spiritual lives grow with good-natured fun.

I am grateful for the child who still lives in me. He keeps alive my delight in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment