Monday, March 29, 2010

Our Senses - March 29th

Restless man's mind is,
So strongly shaken
In the grip of the senses......
Truly I think
The wind is no wilder

What passions have swept away our reasoning powers? What lusts have we pursued at the cost of our values and better judgement? As men in this program, we know the ferocious winds of addiction and codependency. Now we are in a program of recovery, learning to combine our sensual sides with our minds and morals.

Every day we feel the winds of our senses, and they are part of what gives us life. We can let them blow and not be carried away by them. In this way we take pleasure in being human beings and men. We have our minds, our thoughts, and our knowledge to turn to for guidance. And we have our inner voice - our Higher Power - on which we can rely through even the wildest hurricane.

I am learning to make room in life for my senses, my mind, and my Higher Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment