Friday, September 16, 2011

Practicing the Steps - Sept 16th

What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
~ C. S. Lewis


A.A. Thought for the Day

Today, let us begin a short study of The Twelve Suggested Steps of A.A. These Twelve Suggested Steps seem to embody five principles. The first step is the membership requirement step. The second, third, and eleventh steps are the spiritual steps of the program. The fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh and tenth steps are the personal inventory steps. The eighth and ninth steps are the restitution steps. The twelfth step is the passing on of the program, or helping others, step. So the five principles are membership requirement, spiritual basis, personal inventory, restitution, and helping others. Have I made all these steps a part of me?

Only in practicing the AA 12 Steps in my daily life am I able to break the destructive patterns I had practiced in my life before AA.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment