Monday, September 5, 2011

Priorities - Sept 5th

It is easier to stay out than get out.
Mark Twain



A.A. Thought for the Day

One of the mottoes of A.A. is "First Things First." This means that we should always keep in mind that alcohol is our number one problem. We must never let any other problem; whether of family, business, friends, or anything else take precedence in our minds over our alcoholic problem. As we go along in A.A., we learn to recognize the things that may upset us emotionally. When we find ourselves getting upset over something, we must realize that it's a luxury we alcoholics can't afford. Anything that makes us forget our number one problem is dangerous to us. Am I keeping sobriety in first place in my mind?

I've found that the best way to keep this idea foremost in my mind is to get to meetings and to stay in touch with my AA fellows.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment