Monday, November 21, 2011

Money - Nov 21st

A fool and his money are soon parted.
Thomas Tusser

A.A. Thought for the Day

I no longer waste money, but try to put it to good use. Like all of us, when I was drunk, I threw money around like I really had it. It gave me a feeling of importance - a millionaire for a day. But the morning after, with an empty wallet and perhaps also some undecipherable checks, was a sad awakening. How could I have been such a fool? How will I ever make it up? Thoughts like these get you down. When we are sober, we spend our hard-earned money as it should be spent. Although perhaps some of us could be more generous in our A.A. giving, at least we do not throw it away. Am I making good use of my money?


I spent money foolishly when I was drinking - and just the cost of drinking at a bar was crazy. Drinking at a bar 4 nights a week can easily cost over $100/week - that's without buying rounds for others. I do spend my money more wisely now.
~ Mike

1 comment: