Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Psychic Change - Aug 9th

Change before you have to.
~ Jack Welch

A.A. Thought for the Day

"We have an allergy to alcohol. The action of alcohol on chronic alcoholics is a manifestation of an allergy. We allergic types can never safely use alcohol in any form at all. We cannot be reconciled to a life without alcohol, unless we can experience an entire psychic change. Once this psychic change has occurred, we who seemed doomed, we who had so many problems that we despaired of ever solving them, find ourselves able to control our desire for alcohol." Have I had a psychic change?

Alcohol was always on my mind when I was drinking. Like the Big Book says - I was restless, irritable and discontented anytime I didn't have alcohol. Today that thinking is completely foreign to me.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment