Saturday, August 6, 2011

Balance - 06 Aug

Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.
Thomas Merton 

Balance for me has been about avoiding drama, working on my relationships (especially with my higher power). Not drinking & going to meetings. Speaking up when something pisses me off - without losing my temper. Giving more than is asked of me and looking after my own needs. The last 5 years has given me the opportunity to share my journey with 2 step-kids and having kids in my life has granted me a wonderful and fresh perspective. I like moments of solitude but have learned to shun isolation. I probably should be more physically active and I should eat better but I feel that I've found emotional and spiritual balance in my life and I'm truly grateful for that. Perfect balance isn't possible but progress towards a more balanced life is a worthwhile daily pursuit.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment