Friday, July 8, 2011

Acceptance - July 8th

Acceptance of what has happened is the first step to overcoming the consequences of any misfortune.

~ William James



A.A. Thought for the Day

A.A. members will tell you that they can look back and clearly see that they were out of control long before they finally admitted it. Every one of us has gone through that stage when we wouldn't admit that we were alcoholics. It takes a lot of punishment to convince us, but one thing is certain. We all know from actual experience that when it comes to dishing out punishment, John Barleycorn has no equal. Have I any reservations as to my status as an alcoholic?


When I came to accept the truth of my alcoholism it would only be a few months before I took action. Even when doubts about AA rose up in my mind the truth that I was an alcoholic, and my complete acceptance of this truth, kept me going back to meetings. Don't drink and go to meetings.

~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment