Thursday, July 28, 2011

Resolve - July 28th

“Making resolutions is a cleansing ritual of self-assessment and repentance that demands personal honesty and, ultimately, reinforces humility. Breaking them is part of the cycle.”
~ Eric Zorn 


A.A. Thought for the Day


To continue the paraphrase of the psalm: "The judgments of the twelve steps are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than whiskey, yea, than much fine whiskey, sweeter also than wine. Moreover, they warn alcoholics and in keeping of them there is great reward. Who can understand our alcoholism? Cleanse us from secret faults, Keep us from presumptuous resentments. Let them not have dominion over us. Then shall we be upright and free of the great transgression." Am I resolved that liquor will never again have dominion over me?


I resolved not to drink ever again (at least that is my plan) but for the longest time afterwards was at a loss as to how to replace it in my thinking. Over time I have come to look forward to spending time with friends in the program and making my daily contact with my higher power. These new motivations have fully displaced my obsession with drinking. 
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment