Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Loyalty - July 20th


“Lack of loyalty is one of the major causes of failure in every walk of life”
Napoleon Hill 


A.A. Thought for the Day


We must be loyal to the group and to each member of it. We must never accuse members behind their backs or even to their faces. It's up to them to tell us themselves if anything is wrong. More than that, we must try not to think bad things about any members, because if we do, we're consciously or unconsciously hurting that person. We must be loyal to each other if A.A. is going to be successful. While we're in this lifeboat, trying to save each other and ourselves from alcoholism, we must be truly and sincerely helpful to each other. Am I a loyal member of my group?


Change we must! One of my chief personality defects was to criticize and find fault with everyone. This defect didn't correct itself just by my quitting drinking. I had to learn loyalty and to look for the good in all people. It took a long time in recovery before I learned to love the group and to have loyalty for my fellows.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment