Monday, July 11, 2011

Goodness - July 11th



"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”



A.A. Thought for the Day


We in Alcoholics Anonymous do not try to chart the path for the human soul or try to lay out a blueprint of the working of faith, as one might plan a charity drive. We do tell the newcomer that we have renewed our faith in a Higher Power. In the telling, our faith is further renewed. We believe that faith is always close at hand, waiting for those who will listen to the heartbeat of the spirit. We believe there is a force for good in the universe and that if we link up with this force, we are carried onward to a new life. Am I in this stream of goodness?

The worst aspect of my alcoholism was my lack of faith in people and in the existence of a Higher Power. A return to believing in both marked a turning point in my recovery. I now believe that my Higher Power wants only good for all people.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment