Monday, July 4, 2011

Service - July 4th


“Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.”
 ~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


A.A. Thought for the Day


In Alcoholics Anonymous there is no thought of individual profit. No greed or gain. No membership fees, no dues. Only voluntary contributions of our money and ourselves. All that we hope for is sobriety and regeneration, so that we can live normal, respectable lives and can be recognized by others as men and women willing to do unto others as we would be done by. These things we accomplish by the help of each other, by following the twelve steps and by the grace of God. Am I willing to work for A.A. without material gain to myself?


When I first came to AA I was concerned that it may be a cult. After a few months I realized that nobody was benefiting financially through belonging to AA. That realization alone provided me with the reassurance I needed to gain trust in the program. I enjoy working for AA and find ways to be of service as often as possible.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment