Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Higher Power - July 12th

My trust in a higher power that wants me to survive and have love in my life, is what keeps me moving forward.
~ Kenny Loggins


A.A. Thought for the Day
Today is ours. Let us live today, as we believe God wants us to live. Each day will have a new pattern, which we cannot foresee. But we can open each day with a quiet period in which we say a little prayer, asking God to help us through the day. Personal contact with God, as we understand Him, will from day to day bring us nearer to an understanding of His will for us. At the close of the day, we offer Him thanks for another day of sobriety. A full, constructive day has been lived and we are grateful. Am I asking God each day for strength and thanking Him each night?

Belief in a Higher Power is just about the most difficult part of this program. I don't know what it is about belief in God or some other Higher Power that makes us so uncomfortable. I have seen some members, new to the program, walk away from AA to escape the discomfort of having to come to terms with a God of their understanding. Once I opened my mind to the existence of a Higher Power I never gave another thought to whether or not it existed. I believe in a Higher Power that very simply wants what is best for me and asks for my best in return.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment