Monday, April 25, 2011

AA Works - April 25th

 Do Something. If it works, do more of it. If it doesn't, do something else.  
Franklin D. Roosevelt



A.A. Thought for the Day

I don't believe that A.A. works because I read it in a book or because I hear people say so. I believe it because I see people getting sober and staying sober. An actual demonstration is what convinces me. When I see the change in people, I can't help believing that A.A. works. We could listen to talk about A.A. all day and still not believe it, but when we see it work, we have to believe it. Seeing is believing. Do I see A.A. work every day?



I chose this picture of Robert Downey Jr. today because I believe he represents the best that 12 Step programs has to offer. He is cross-addicted, has relapsed many times and has never given up on himself. He picked up a 5 Year medallion at an AA meeting in January of 2010. It is unfortunate for him that his struggles were so public but I am inspired by his resolve and I hope you will be too. He is proof that the program works.
 ~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment