Monday, April 11, 2011

Acceptance

In that alcoholic world, one drink always leads to another and you can't stop till you're paralyzed. And the next morning it begins all over again. You eventually land in a hospital or jail. You lose your job. Your home is broken up. You're always in a mess. You're on the merry go round and you can't get off. You're in a squirrel cage and you can't get out. Am I convinced that the alcoholic world is not a pleasant place for me to live in?





I always assumed that blackouts were a normal part of drinking and they never concerned me. What did bother me was when people I drank with felt the need to tell me what I had done or said in a blackout - that would even extend to me not wanting to read my Phone bills because I didn't want to see who I had drunk-dialed the past month. I don't want to go back to that - hiding from myself to avoid shame. This is where I'm supposed to be - sober and at peace with myself.


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment