Saturday, April 9, 2011

A.A. Thought for the Day

Third, alcoholics recover their proper relationship with other people. They think less about themselves and more about others. They try to help other alcoholics. They make new friends so that they're no longer lonely. They try to live a life of service instead of selfishness. All their relationships with other people are improved. They solve their personality problems by recovering their personal integrity, their faith in a Higher Power, and their way of fellowship and service to others. Is my drink problem solved as long as my personality problem is solved?




I have found that "letting it go" or the more orthodox AA catchphrase "Let Go & Let God" needs to be a contract I make with myself on a daily basis. Don't sweat the small stuff.....this too shall pass....

There are literally dozens of slogans and though they may be cliché they do offer a great deal of wisdom. Lately I have been using the 4 Agreements and more specifically the second agreement - "Don't take anything personally." to help me to maintain a solid grounding and not give in to the temptation to engage  in negativity - which is my own personal cliché .

Mike 

No comments:

Post a Comment