Friday, April 29, 2011

Hope - April 29th

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”

Albert Einstein

A.A. Thought for the Day

The A.A. program is one of faith, hope, and charity. It's a program of hope because when new members come into A.A., the first thing they get is hope. They hear older members tell how they had been through the same kind of hell that they have and how they found the way out through A.A. And this gives them hope that if others can do it, they can do it. Is hope still strong in me?

What can I say about hope? That when I drank I was empty and any thought of my future brought me down. I imagined a life of emptiness and of  my own funeral going unattended. Sobriety has changed all of that - life is happiness and now I look forward to moments of great joy watching loved ones get on with their lives. Maybe even having grandchildren in my life. As long as I live my program today then Hope will live.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment