Thursday, April 28, 2011

Taking Action - April 28th

You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action.
Anthony Robbins   



A.A. Thought for the Day

We're so glad to be free from liquor that we do something about it. We get into action. We come to meetings regularly. We go out and try to help other alcoholics. We pass on the good news whenever we get a chance. In a spirit of thankfulness to God, we get into action. The A.A. program is simple. Submit yourself to God, find release from liquor, and get into action. Do these things and keep doing them and you're all set for the rest of your life. Have I got into action?



Taking action for me meant getting involved with people and leaving my drinking friends behind. It didn't come quickly - my natural fear and mistrust of  people held me back. But I didn't drink and I kept going to meetings and eventually I even started to say hello to people - only to find that if I said hello to them they were more than happy to say hello back. In time I came to answer phones at our intergroup office and get involved in the program in other ways. Taking action for me meant taking the first tentative steps towards a new life.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment