Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Submission - April 26th


“Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.”  ~ Herman Hesse

A.A. Thought for the Day 

The A.A. program is one of submission, release, and action. When we're drinking, we're submitting to a power greater than ourselves, liquor. Our own wills are no use against the power of liquor. One drink and we're sunk. In A.A. we stop submitting to the power of liquor. Instead, we submit to a Power, also greater than ourselves, which we call God. Have I submitted myself to that Higher Power? 

Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives and our will over to the care of God. This step asks us to take action, to surrender our will to our Higher Power and to let God drive the bus. Our own wills having failed us too often in the past it is now time to accept that our Higher Power will do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. My daily prayer includes a pledge to turn my will over to the care of God - and on the rare occasions I've missed my morning prayer I will spend the day unsettled until I realize what it is that's missing. Have a wonderful 24 hours.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment