Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Satisfaction - April 19th

“A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.”

A.A. Thought for the Day

Since I've been putting sobriety into my life, I've been taking out a lot of good things. I can describe it best as a kind of quiet satisfaction. I feel good. I feel right with the world, on the right side of the fence. As long as I put sobriety into my life, almost everything I take out is good. The satisfaction you get out of living a sober life is made up of a lot of little things. You have the ambition to do things you didn't feel like doing when you were drinking. Am I getting satisfaction out of living a sober life?



When I first came to sobriety I thought that self acceptance would come automatically but it did not. Peace with myself improved slowly over time and sobriety has provided me with a much better existence, new friends, self-respect, the ability to love and be loved, and the patience to let my life unfold one day at a time.


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment