Saturday, April 2, 2011

Renewing Relationships - April 2nd

A.A. Thought for the Day

Since I've been in A.A., have I made a start towards becoming more loving to my family and friends? Do I visit my parents? Am I more appreciative of my spouse than I was before? Am I grateful to my family for having put up with me? Have I found real understanding with my children? Do I feel that the friends I've found in A.A. are real friends? Do I believe that they are always ready to help me and do I want to help them if I can? Do I really care now about other people?







I chose this picture because I believe that in order to reconnect with our friends and loved ones we have to become less egocentric as well as making ourselves more vulnerable by showing ourselves for who we truly are. We need to risk that which has kept us stuck in place throughout our addictions - our egocentric need to try to control how others perceive us. New insights made available by sobriety and the wisdom of our sponsors and other friends in the program tell us that we have no control over people, places and things.


The first step to developing a new intimate and honest relationship with our friends and loved ones is to remove the mask we have faced the world with for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment