Friday, April 22, 2011

Proof - April 22nd

“That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.”


A.A. Thought for the Day

People believe in A.A. when they see it work. An actual demonstration is what convinces them. What they read in books, what they hear people say doesn't always convince them. But when they see a real honest to goodness change take place in a person, a change from a drunkard to a sober, useful citizen, that's something they can believe because they can see it. There's really only one thing that proves to me that A.A. works. Have I seen the change in people who come into A.A.?



I have witnessed profound changes is people in AA - all for the better. I am happier in my own skin today and (I think) a better person for it. I think proof of AA's effectiveness is celebrated at every birthday and in the announcements of the upcoming birthdays of other members. All these people who used to be either frightened of or indifferent towards others now taking pleasure in the success of their brothers and sisters in the program. That is proof enough for me.


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment