Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Release - April 27th

“You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, 'I release the need for this in my life'.”

             ~Wayne Dyer


A.A. Thought for the Day

By submitting to God, we're released from the power of liquor. It has no more hold on us. We're also released from the things that were holding us down: pride, selfishness, and fear. And we're free to grow into a new life, which is so much better than the old life that there's no comparison. This release gives us serenity and peace with the world. Have I been released from the power of alcohol?
 
 
For the longest time after coming in to the program I thought that release from alcohol was all about not consuming it. Alcohol continued to be in my life, through the drinking of my colleagues, friends and family. I was always acutely aware of their drinking, constantly watching them, silently judging the amount the consumed and how they behaved. My mind was still being controlled by the hypnotic flicker of alcohols flame. Today though I am aware of alcohol it plays no part in my life. I do not drink alcohol nor do I judge those who do -  but I want the hand of AA to always be there for anyone who should ever need it.
~Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment