Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Acceptance - June 8th


“Acceptance of what has happened is the first step to overcoming the consequences of any misfortune.”

William James

A.A. Thought for the Day

Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic. We always get worse, never better. We are never cured. Our alcoholism can only be arrested. No matter how long we have been sober, if we try liquor again, we're as bad or worse than we ever were. There is no exception to this rule in the whole history of A.A. We can never recapture the good times of the past. They are gone forever. Will I try to recapture them?



The shipwreck that was my life before sobriety is obvious to me now. I spent years of my life drinking and ignoring how my actions were making my life a misery....I now believe that hindsight can only be 20:20 to a sober person. As an active alcoholic I was blind to the truth.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment