Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Progressive Disease - June 7th


“I have other obligations now-the show, my family, my life...though I know that without my sobriety I wouldn't have any of those things.”

Rob Lowe

A.A. Thought for the Day

Alcoholism is a progressive illness. We go through the three stages of social drinking, trouble drinking, and merry-go-round drinking. We land in hospitals and jails. We eventually lose our homes, our families, and our self-respect. Yes, alcoholism is a progressive illness and there are only three ends to it - the insane asylum, the morgue, or total abstinence. Will I choose not to take the first drink?



Don't drink and go to meetings is the best advice ever given to me in this program. There are meetings morning, noon and night every day of the week in Ottawa and over the course of my journey in sobriety I have found a need to take advantage of meetings every day at times. May you too have access to AA when you need it.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment