Saturday, June 25, 2011

Weakness - June 25th

“Our strength grows out of our weaknesses”

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

A.A. Thought for the Day

One of the most encouraging facts of life is that your weakness can become your greatest asset. Kites and airplanes rise against the wind. In climbing up a high mountain, we need the stony crags and rough places to aid us in our climb. So your weakness can become an asset if you will face it, examine it, and trace it to its origin. Set it in the very center of your mind. No weakness, such as drinking, ever turned into an asset until it was first fairly faced. Am I making my weakness my greatest asset?

Defiance had been one of my worst personality traits - but in recovery my defiance became a useful tool. When people who knew me expressed doubt about my ability to stay sober my defiance kicked in.
   ~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment