Friday, June 17, 2011

Gratitude - June 17th


“Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.”


A.A. Thought for the Day

We in A.A. have the privilege of living two lives in one lifetime. One life of drunkenness, failure, and defeat. Then, through A.A., another life of sobriety, peace of mind, and usefulness. We who have recovered our sobriety are modern miracles. And we're living on borrowed time. Some of us might have been dead long ago. But we have been given another chance to live. Do I owe a debt of gratitude to A.A. that I can never repay as long as I live?

I say a gratitude prayer every day and on those few days where I've forgotten to I'll spend the day feeling out of sorts and out of touch. Until I establish my conscious contact with my higher power everyday I am not ready to face the world.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment