Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Alcohol the Enemy - June 14th


“That's all drugs and alcohol do, they cut off your emotions in the end”
Ringo Starr 

A.A. Thought for the Day

In A.A. we have to learn that drink is our greatest enemy. Although we used to think that liquor was our friend, the time came when it turned against us and became our enemy. We don't know just when this happened, but we know that it did because we began to get into trouble - jails and hospitals. We realize now that liquor is our enemy. Is it still my main business to keep sober?



I loved to drink in the early days. I loved what alcohol took away - my fears and self-conciousness. Alcohol gave confidence and made me feel 10 feet tall. It was because of this faith in alcohol that I didn't notice as friends started leaving me and my marriage broke down. Alcohol allowed me to ignore the truth while I was busy ruining my life. Alcohol is my enemy.
~Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment