Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Worry - June 22nd


“Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway.”


A.A. Thought for the Day

If you have any doubt, just ask any of the older members of the A.A. group, and they will readily tell you that since they turned their lives over to the care of God as they understand Him, many of their problems have banished into the forgotten yesterdays. When you allow yourself to be upset over one thing, you succeed only in opening the door from the coming of hundreds of other upsetting things. Am I allowing myself to be upset over little things?

I do not miss the worrying that I did every day of my life while I was still drinking - and for quite some time in the program as well. Over time I have let the worrying over little things slip away. The impatient drivers I encounter don't get under my skin like they used to. Many of the promises have come true.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment