Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Attitude - June 28th


“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
 ~ Jimmy Dean


A.A. Thought for the Day


You can prove to yourself that life is basically and fundamentally an inner attitude. Just try to remember what troubled you most a week ago. You probably will find it difficult to remember. Why then should you unduly worry or fret over the problems that arise today? Your attitude toward them can be changed by putting yourself and your problems in God's hands and trusting Him to see that everything will turn out all right, provided you are trying to do the right thing. Your changed mental attitude toward your problems relieves you of their burden and you can face them without fear. Has my mental attitude changed?


I remember being told to "fake it until you make it" early on the program. This was a suggestion to assume a positive outlook until your inner thoughts were consistent with your appearance. I had never in my life tried changing my attitude - but "fake it until you make it" worked just fine for me.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment