Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Perspective - June 21st


“The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have.”
   ~ Norman Vincent Peale

A.A. Thought for the Day

Intelligent faith in that Power greater than ourselves can be counted on to stabilize our emotions. It has an incomparable capacity to help us look at life in balanced perspective. We look up, around, and away from ourselves, and we see that nine out of ten things that at the moment upset us will shortly disappear. Problems solve themselves; criticism and unkindness vanish as though they had never been. Have I got the proper perspective toward life?

Oddly enough when I do perform service in the program I am always motivated to not let my fellow AA member down - but on my own I seem to let myself down all the time.
~ Mike










No comments:

Post a Comment