Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Progress - June 1st


“The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.”

~ Oliver Wendell Holmes 

A.A. Thought for the Day

Some things I do not miss since becoming dry: that overall awful feeling physically, including the shakes, a splitting headache, pains in my arms and legs, bleary eyes, fluttering stomach, droopy shoulders, weak knees, a three day beard, and a flushed complexion. Also, facing my wife or my husband at breakfast. Also, composing the alibi and sticking to it. Also, trying to shave or put on make up with a shaky hand. Also, opening up my wallet to find it empty. I don't miss these things, do I?



If it were not for this program I would never have been able to shed the shame that kept me from joining society and becoming a father, friend, and neighbour. I do not regret the past but there are many things from it that I do not miss. I love this new life and thank my higher power for it.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment