Friday, June 24, 2011

Problems - June 24th


“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”



A.A. Thought for the Day

Alcohol is our weakness. We suffer from mental conflicts from which we look for escape by drowning our problems in drink. We try through drink to push away from the realities of life. But alcohol does not feed, alcohol does not build, it only borrows from the future and it ultimately destroys. We try to drown our feelings in order to escape life's realities, little realizing or caring that in continued drinking we are only multiplying our problems. Have I got control over my unstable emotions?

At first sobriety allowed for clarity of thought so that I could appreciate the extent of my problem. Over time I came to realize that my thinking prevented me from ever finding a way out and that I had to change if I were to ever overcome my problems.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment