Thursday, June 9, 2011

Taking Action - June 9th

Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


A.A. Thought for the Day

We finally came to the bottom. We did not have to be financially broke, although many of us were. But we were spiritually bankrupt. We had a soul sickness, a revulsion against ourselves and against our way of living. Life had become impossible for us. We had to end it all or do something about it. Am I glad I did something about it?



Putting the cork in the bottle is the first step to recovery for most of us. Years of living with the knowledge that my drinking controlled me finally wore to the point that I had  no choice - I had to take action. 
~ Mike 

No comments:

Post a Comment