Monday, June 20, 2011

Purpose - June 20th


“The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.”

~ Mitch Albom


A.A. Thought for the Day

You should be ready and willing to carry the A.A. message when called upon to do so. Live for some purpose greater than yourself. Each day you will have something to work for. You have received so much from this program that you should have a vision that gives your life a direction and a purpose that gives meaning to each new day. Let us not slide along through life. Let us have a purpose for each day and let us make that purpose for something greater than just ourselves. What is my purpose for today?


The greatest sense of satisfaction that I've encountered in AA is when I knew that something I did benefited someone else. I probably don't do as much service as I should but I do work on it. Today I'll drive a friend to an AA meeting because he can't drive. 
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment