Friday, May 27, 2011

Continuance - May 27th


“How long should you try? Until.”
Jim Rohn 

A.A. Thought for the Day

In twelfth step work, the fifth thing is continuance. Continuance means our staying with prospects after they have started on the new way of living. We must stick with them and not let them down. We must encourage them to go to meetings regularly for fellowship and help. They will learn that keeping sober is a lot easier in the fellow ship of others who are trying to do the same thing. We must continue to help prospects by going to see them regularly or telephoning them or writing them so that they don't get out of touch with A.A. Continuance means good sponsorship. Do I care enough about other alcoholics to continue with them as long as necessary?



I have sponsored a few times but now think that perhaps I wasn't ready to do so then. My continuity and perseverance has been more focused on learning to trust my fellows and to dedicate myself to my home group. They say that when the student is ready the teacher will appear - do you think the opposite is true? I do.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment