Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sharing - May 22nd


“It is the nature of the ego to take, and the nature of the spirit to share.”
   ~ Proverb 


A.A. Thought for the Day

What impresses us most at an A.A. meeting is the willingness to share, without holding anything back. And pretty soon we find ourselves sharing also. We start telling our own experiences and by so doing we help the other person. And when we've got these things off our chest, we feel a lot better. It does us a lot of good to share with some other poor unfortunate person who's in the same box that we were in. And the more we share, the more we have left for ourselves. Do I know that the more I share, the better chance I'll have to stay sober?



I ask my higher power every day for help in controlling my ego. I can't say that I'm more spiritually based than ego-based today but I can say that I am far less ego-based than when I was an active alcoholic. 
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment