Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fellowship - May 18th


“Good fellowship and friendship are lasting, rational and manly pleasures.”
   ~ William Wycherley

A.A. Thought for the Day

We're in A.A. for two main reasons: to keep sober ourselves and to help others to keep sober. It's a well-known fact that helping others is a big part of keeping sober yourself. It's also been proved that it's very hard to keep sober all by yourself. A lot of people have tried it and failed. They come to a few A.A. meetings and then stay sober alone for a few months, but usually they eventually get drunk. Do I know that I can't stay sober successfully alone?



For years I would go to meetings, sometimes everyday for weeks, but almost always I was one of the last to arrive and one of the first to leave. I felt out of place, judged, self-concious and my fears kept me from joining the group. Over time though I overcame these fears, found a men's group where I have come to feel at home and have only in recent years started making serious progress on my journey. May you find the strength and comfort of fellowship today.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment