Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Loyalty - May 10th

Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I've ever thought I'd have.

~ Ernie Banks  


A.A. Thought for the Day

One thing that keeps me sober is a feeling of loyalty to the other members of the group. I know I'd be letting them down if I ever took a drink. When I was drinking, I wasn't loyal to anybody. I should have been loyal to my family, but I wasn't. I let them down by my drinking. When I came into A.A., I found a group of people who were not only helping each other to stay sober, but who were loyal to each other by staying sober themselves. Am I loyal to my group?



The new friends that sobriety and AA have given me allow me to see the world through different eyes, experience new perspectives and approach life's difficulties with the wisdom of many. My old ways of going through life alone and only relying on myself seem alien to me now. I can't imagine not calling on friends or depending on my AA group. Have a great 24 hours.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment