Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Higher Power - May 15th

My trust in a higher power that wants me to survive and have love in my life, is what keeps me moving forward.


    ~ Kenny Loggins


A.A. Thought for the Day
In A.A. we find a new strength and peace from the realization that there must be a Power greater than ourselves that is running the universe and that is on our side when we live a good life. So the A.A. program really never ends. You begin by over coming drink and you go on from there to many new opportunities for happiness and usefulness. Am I really enjoying the full benefits of A.A.?


I spent much of my life before AA identifying myself as either an atheist or an agnostic. However years before I came into the program I had changed my view on this important aspect of life - the reasons for which I won't go into. Accepting that there is a higher power is empowering in my mind, it free's me from the need to control outcomes and be in charge all the time. The full benefits of AA could not be reaped without my utter faith in a higher power. I've come to believe that what others choose to believe in doesn't much matter - as long as they accept that there is a spiritual order to the universe then they seem to have little trouble following the path to sobriety and it's promises. 
~ Mike

1 comment: