Friday, May 13, 2011

Release - May 13th


“You leave old habits behind by starting out with the thought, 'I release the need for this in my life'.”
   ~ Wayne Dyer

A.A. Thought for the Day

In A.A. we find fellowship and release and strength. And having found these things, the real reasons for our drinking are taken away. Then drinking has no more justification in our minds. We no longer need to fight against drink. Drink just naturally leaves us. At first, we are sorry that we can't drink, but we get so that we are glad that we don't have to drink. Am I glad that I don't have to drink?



Releasing myself from the need to drink was and continues to be the best gift I've ever given myself. I have given myself permission to wake up without a hangover, to behave as an adult and not lie, steal, cheat, argue or otherwise interfere with others or hurt myself. It is through this program that I have found the strength to not drink and to explore this new life.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment