Sunday, May 8, 2011

Faith & Happiness - May 8th


“Happiness is itself a kind of gratitude.”
    ~ Joseph Wood Krutch


A.A. Thought for the Day

I'm grateful that I found a program in A.A. that could keep me sober. I'm grateful that A.A. has shown me the way to faith in a Higher Power, because the renewing of that faith has changed my way of life. And I've found a happiness and contentment that I had forgotten existed, by simply believing in God and trying to live the kind of a life that I know He wants me to live. As long as I stay grateful, I'll stay sober. Am I in a grateful frame of mind?

I did something yesterday I never would have even considered in my life as an active alcoholic. I turned to a friend and asked his advice. His thoughtful reply allowed me to see that my ego had been driving the bus. Having friends to turn to in order to get that sober second opinion is a gift, having faith in people again enriches my life and that makes me happy. May you have a safe and sober 24 hours.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment