Friday, May 20, 2011

Sharing - May 20th


Our best thoughts come from others.

   ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson 

A.A. Thought for the Day  

If we get up in a meeting and tell some thing about ourselves in order to help the other person, we feel a whole lot better. It's the old law of the more you give the more you get. Witnessing and confession are part of keeping sober. You never know when you may help somebody. Helping others is one of the best ways to stay sober your self. And the satisfaction you get out of helping a fellow human being is one of the finest experiences you can have. Am I helping others?



I have learned more from the men in my home group than I ever thought possible. Listening has become more important to my recovery than speaking and sharing though I must continue to do both. Have a great weekend.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment