Thursday, May 12, 2011

Fellowship - May 12th


“One of the signs of passing youth is the birth of a sense of fellowship with other human beings as we take our place among them.”

~ Virginia Woolf 

A.A. Thought for the Day

When we come into A.A., looking for a way out of drinking, we really need a lot more than that. We need fellowship. We need to get the things that are troubling us out into the open. We need a new outlet for our energies and we need a new strength beyond ourselves that will help us face life instead of running away from it. In A.A. we find these things that we need. Have I found the things that I need?



Finding the new tools, for me, involved letting go of old coping methods. Old methods that had failed me time and time again to the point where to repeat the past was certainly an act of insanity. Joining the fellowship of AA did not come to me quickly or easily - but it has set now. I don't know for certain that I would still be drinking without the fellowship of AA but I am certain that I would be miserable.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment