Monday, May 30, 2011

Responsibility - May 30


“I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”

Robert A. Heinlein

A.A. Thought for the Day

I am part of A.A., one among many, but I am one. I need the A.A. principles for the development of the buried life within me. A.A. may be human in its organization, but it is Divine in its purpose. The purpose is to point me toward God and a better life. Participating in the privilege of the movement, I shall share in the responsibilities, taking it upon myself to carry my fair share of the load, not grudgingly but joyfully. To the extent that I fail in my responsibilities, A.A. fails. To the extent that I succeed, A.A. succeeds. Do I accept this as my A.A. credo?



Like many alcoholics I don't like it when people in the program pressure me to do service. But service is required and there is such a variety of ways to contribute that whenever I feel like volunteering to do something there is always something that needs doing.
~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment