Monday, May 2, 2011

Easy Does It - May 2nd


“The time to relax is when you don't have time for it.”
    ~ Sydney J. Harris

A.A. Thought for the Day

In A.A. we often hear the slogan "Easy Does It." Alcoholics always do everything to excess. They drink too much. They worry too much. They have too many resentments. They hurt themselves physically and mentally by too much of everything. So when they come into A.A., they have to learn to take it easy. None of us knows how much longer we have to live. It's probable that we wouldn't have lived very long if we had continued to drink the way we used to. By stopping drinking, we have increased our chances of living for a while longer. Have I learned to take it easy?

Like most people in recovery I have a bad habit of sweating the small stuff and usually forget to take a few minutes to relax, meditate and connect with my Higher Power. When I do, though, it does recharge my batteries and helps me gain a clearer perspective. So - Easy Does It!
~Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment